LDA ARE YOUR TRUSTED AIR CONDITIONING EXPERTS
LDA provides a 100% satisfaction guarantee to all of our customers – residential and commercial. We are dedicated to providing exceptional customer service and this makes us one of the best installers and repairers in Brisbane.
COMPLIANT AIR CONDITIONERS
Visit the Australian Government website on air conditioner efficiency.
CHOOSING AN EFFICIENT A/C SYSTEM
- Research brands of air conditioners prior to purchase.
- Does the brand you’re considering also make toasters, kettles and other whitegoods or are they totally focussed on air conditioning?
- Check energy efficiency ratings, supply and availability of spare parts and warranty conditions.
In the last five years there has been an influx of imported air conditioners into Australia that do not comply with ever-changing energy efficiency standards set in various Australian states.
Some imported air conditioners less than five years old are deemed irreparable because spare parts are no longer available.
ActronAir warranties are as follows:
- Residential split systems: 5 years
- Residential ducted systems: 5 years
- Commercial split systems: 5 years (note: there is no warranty on units installed in server rooms)
- Commercial ducted systems: 5 years 10kw-26kw 2 years 30kw-200kw (Depending on brand)
HEAT SOURCES CLOSE TO YOUR AIR CONDITIONER THERMOSTAT
Large amounts of heat can be emitted by flat screen televisions and some table lamps. If the thermostat is positioned too close to these heat sources the readings can be inaccurate and cause the air conditioner to over cool and increase running costs.
ASSISTING THE OVERALL PERFORMANC OF YOUR AIR CONDITIONER
To maximise the output of your system and cool the desired area much quicker:
- Close curtains, blinds and doors
- In ducted systems with zoned areas turn off zones that are not required
SETTING THE IDEAL TEMPERATURE
Temperature is a personal preference but generally:
- Summer: 22°C – 24°C
- Winter: 23°C – 26°C
For each degree above or below these suggested temperatures the air conditioner will consume 8% more energy.
ON A VERY HOT AND HUMID DAY
- Start the air conditioning system before the temperature peaks to give the area time to cool and maintain a constant temperature.
- Close curtains, blinds and doors
- In ducted systems turn of zones that are not required
ADJUST LOUVRES / VANES
Use the remote control to position the louvres / vanes as follows:
- Up in Summer
- Down in Winter
This will provide more efficient air circulation as cooler air falls and warm air rises.
CLEANING FILTERS AND FILTER LIGHT FLASHING
- As filters accumulate dust they block up and lose filtration efficiency.
- Blocked filters reduce airflow and the cooling or heating capacity of the air conditioner.
- It is recommended that the filters be checked monthly for dust build-up.
- Residential filters on hinged frames can be washed with plain water or a mild detergent.
- Filters will also need to be changed periodically.
- The filter light will start flashing after 200 hours of operation. To re-set press the on/off button once and check the cleanliness of the filter/s as a precaution.
- NOTE: Failure to maintain the filters will cause build-up on the systems coil and internal parts. This will in-turn lead to damaged fans and possible leaks from the unit into the ceiling due to clogged drains.
SERVICING OF YOUR AIR CONDITIONER
Inefficient units cost more to run and are more susceptible to longer term damage. Environmental factors also need to be considered when determining the frequency of servicing.
- Residential sites: Servicing is recommended at least once a year.
- Commercial sites: Servicing is recommended at least quarterly.
- SEE NOTE above regarding dirty filters – a deep clean of the units coil and fan may be required. This will be charged accordingly.
In the planning stages LDA will assist with a suggested location of the outdoor unit to minimise noise disturbance to surrounding properties. Final location will be nominated by the homeowner.